Autism Scholarship Program
Apply for the Autism Scholarship Program for families in Akron, Cleveland and other cities.
North Coast Tutoring Services has been approved by the State of Ohio as a provider for the Autism Scholarship Program (ASP). Under the scholarship, qualified students receive $31,500 annually beginning July 1, 2021 for services outlined in their Individual Education Plan (IEP).
Specialized Services provided by NCTS:
- Tutoring for high-functioning autism, Asperger’s and PDD clients:
- NCTS Academic Plan
- Behavioral Tutoring Plan
- Help families apply for the Autism Scholarship Program
- Understand requirements and limitations of the ASP
- Develop an individual plan for each student based on their IEP
- Help families select specially trained staff to tutor their student(s)
- Prepare required reports for school districts
Established by the Ohio General Assembly in June 2003, the Autism Scholarship Program provides funds to parents of qualified special education children. It provides the opportunity for parents to choose education providers for the child’s IEP other than the child’s public school district of residence. The scholarship funds are used only to pay for services outlined on the child’s IEP. The maximum amount of the scholarship is $31,500 per school year, per child.
Students in preschool through grade 12 (ages 3 through 22) may be eligible if they meet these requirements:
- An ASD diagnosis for the child
- An existing IEP and Evaluation Team Report (ETR)
- The child must not be attending a public or charter school (pre-graduation).
- The family must select an approved ASP provider for services, who applies on the family’s behalf – like North Coast Tutoring Services.
Please note that a student receiving services under another Ohio Department of Education scholarship cannot also receive services under the Autism Scholarship program.
Families may apply for the Autism Scholarship Program year-round. Once a scholarship is awarded, it will expire at the end of that fiscal year (June 30th). Families may reapply for the scholarship every year as long as the child remains eligible.
“I have nothing but praise for Lili! She is amazing with [my son] and for the first time in two years [he] is passing ALL his classes!! She gives me her input and thoughts on his needs and it really helps me with his IEP meetings and she is always responsive. SHE IS WONDERFUL! We are lucky to have her.”
— Jessica, Parma